Namco Bandai has released part 3 of their community interview with Tales of Series producer Hideo Baba. Like before, visit web Mr. Baba answers some of the fans' many questions, urticaria along with presenting some Tales of Series merchandise lying around in his office.
Highlights of the interview include:
- We can expect more improvements with the Tales battle system in the future. It's something Tales is highly praised for and is one of the company's main focuses.
- When asked whether future magic-using characters would be given more melee artes to be at par with melee characters, he answers that making a character good at everything would just make them lose their personalities. So at most, they would just like to even all these traits among the characters.
- Mr. Baba says that, for now, the spinoff titles are the main games to look at when looking for character creation and connecting with and playing with friends.
- One of the most difficult problems with Tales is how it's being handled outside of Japan. It requires a lot of promotion from all angles, and is one problem the company always tries to think about.
- Someone actually asked why it's so hard for Namdai to localize the games. Mr. Baba replies by saying that as a JRPG, Tales has a lot of text, so it takes a lot of time, money and work to give it an overseas release, hence they can't help but release the game in Japan first... Personally, I don't think that was what fans wanted to know about, Mr. Baba...
The video still has the "...to be continued" message at the end, so expect more parts to come.