Project X Zone (read as Project Cross Zone), a recently announced collaboration title by Sega, CAPCOM and Namco Bandai, is an upcoming strategy simulation RPG for the Nintendo 3DS to be released this year. The game will feature various characters in pairs (though some are an exception) from games of the three companies.
A scan from Famitsu Magazine reveals that Yuri Lowell and Estelle fromTales of Vesperia will be two of the many characters Namco Bandai have for this game.
Other characters under Namco Bandai include:
- Kite and Blackrose (.hack//)
- Jin Kazama and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- KOS-MOS and T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Sänger Zonvolt (Super Robot Wars)
And to the interested, here are the characters from Sega:
- Sakura Shinguji and Ichiro Ogami (Sakura Wars)
- Kurt Irving and Riela Marcellis (Valkyria Chronicles III)
- Pai Chan and Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
- Ulala (Space Channel 5) together with Toma and Cyrille (Shining Force EXA)
and from CAPCOM:
- Ken and Ryu (Street Fighter)
- X and Zero (Megaman)
- Dante (Devil May Cry) together with Demitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers)
- Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
The game seems to be utilizing 2D sprites for the characters, and they have cut-ins for what seems to be combo finishing moves. For Yuri and Estelle, it's Zankou Rouenjin (Savage Wolf Fury) with Holy Lance. Famitsu has put up an online article covering the scans.