The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu features more detailed info on new characters Magilou and Bienfu, as well as info on the new Break Soul system in battle. UPDATED with full scans from Famitsu.
Magilou (????, magiruu)
*name spelling now official
VA: Satomi Sato
- An ambiguous young woman who personally calls herself the leader of large group of mages and known to others as the "bogus witch." She's not the type to obsess about things, and her words and deeds tend to be loose and sloppy. But like your regular witch, she does have a dark side of sorts. Something grave seemed to have also happened to her in the past. She joins Velvet on her journey because she thinks it'll be interesting.
Bienfu (?????, bienfuu)
*name spelling now official
VA: Nao Nagasawa
- An unusual Malak sporting a peculiar hat who somehow has its own will and ego. It tends to add "fuu," "bien" or "bad!" to the ends of its sentences. It seems fragile but is actually quite strong. It seems to hold some sort of fated connection with Magilou.
Here's a scan showing screenshots of the game's opening movie, animated by ufotable and featuring opening theme "BURN" by FLOW.
Break Soul (???????, bureiku souru)
- Special techniques that can be activated by consuming 1 soul in the Soul Gauge. Upon activating it, it'll use up 1 soul (decreasing the counter to 3), but it'll also allow you to activate another Break Soul technique if you activate it when you have 4 soul in your gauge, thereby linking them. When done right, it's possible to link up to 8 Break Soul activations. Apparently, activating Break Soul makes a cut-in show up.
- Velvet's Break Soul: Consume Crow
With her left arm, Velvet devours the enemy's abilities, letting her enter a ??? state. Depending on the enemy faced, it'll give Velvet additional damage against enemies. While in this state, certain conditions can be met, allowing Velvet to invoke powerful artes that may even instantly kill an enemy. HP goes down while in this state, but as HP goes lower, her artes increase in power.
- Rokurou's Break Soul: Retribution
Allows Rokurou to use powerful counter techniques against enemies.
- Laphicet's Break Soul: Divide Pain
A field effect technique. For about 5 seconds, it'll halve the damage received from the enemy. It'll also recover everyone's HP once it's used up.
- Magilou's Break Soul: Spell Absorber
Cancel's an enemy's arte and absorbs a fixed amount of spiritual power from them, at the same time Magilou will counter whatever spell she feels like against the enemy.
- Some post-battle victory scenes:
Thanks to Tokrin for the partial scans and Nore for the info.
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Berseria is the latest mothership title of the Tales of Series which was first announced during Tales of Festival 2015. The game was released for both the PS3 and PS4 on August 18, 2016 in Japan, January 24, 2017 in North America and January 27, 2017 in Europe for the PS4 and PC. The game features a female protagonist named Velvet and a theme of pirates and ships. It’s also confirmed as a distant prequel to Tales of Zestiria.