The official Tales of Blog has been updated with localized information on the recent Tales of Berseria Famitsu spread. New screenshots have also been made available.
This of course does not include the DLC. At least, not yet.
"I will bring an end to this world’s suffering!"
- Gender: Male
- Age: 32 years old
- Height: 187 cm
- Weapon: Long sword
- Title: Head of the Exorcists
- Race: Human
- Japanese VA: Kenyu Horiuchi
- Artorius is the most powerful exorcist and the head the Abbey. Three years ago, he appeared with a group of Malaks and defeated a group of Daemons that the army couldn’t handle. Since then, he has been called the Savior, bringing peace to the world and keeping it from disaster. Support from him spreads from not just the people, but also from kings and churches. For him, reason and will are more important than emotions when fighting. He and Velvet used to be close, but they broke their ties since the events of 3 years ago.
"First, there will be a test. It will decide if you are worth teaching."
- Gender: Female
- Age: Unknown
- Height: 170 cm
- Weapon: Charms
- Fighting style: Malak Mage
- Race: Malak
- Japanese VA: Satomi Arai
- Seres is a Malak and formerly a partner of Artorius. She used to follow Artorius’s orders with absolute obedience, but up until the events of 3 years ago, she regained her own free will. Since then, she has felt uncomfortable and has became suspicious of Artorius’s actions and thus moved away from him. She later sneaks into the prison island of Titania to help Velvet break out.
The new game features were also covered:
Potentites are items that will grant additional effects and abilities in battle. The example given is a Priest’s Ventite that grants “Soul Charge," which will let you recover 1 soul when you guard for more than 1.5 seconds in battle.
Code Red Daemon Hunting
Poweful Daemons called Code Red Daemons are scattered around the world. Defeating them will grant the player powerful items, Potentites included. Though there usually is a quest tied to the Code Red Daemon, you can just go ahead and defeat it before talking to the quest giver, and you'll still get the reward item upon reporting the quest.
Meeting specific requirements in battle will make a Wandering Enemy suddenly appear. They are much more powerful than the Code Red Daemons and are usually accompanied by multiple enemies. The lower its HP, the higher the possibility that it will unleash a powerful attack.
Then there are the two additional minigames. Note that the BerMemo actually states that some minigames will give costumes as rewards.
Like in some of the previous games, you have to serve the food that the customers order. You'll notice that Velvet is also wearing something different in the second screenshot.
Note that "Geoboard," as we've confirmed with Bandai Namco, is now the official localized term for Rare Boards/Rhea Boards. This minigame is done on the Geoboard with two modes available: In "Coin Getter," you need to gather as many coins as possible before the timer ends. In "Flag Checker," you need to collect all flags scattered as fast as you can!
Source: Tales of Blog and Berseria Memo.