The previously announced Tales of 25th Anniversary stream is now set for December 15, 2020.
As announced last month, a special livestream will be held celebrating the Tales of Series 25th Anniversary. The official date for the stream is on December 15, 2020 at 8PM JST and will be held via YouTube and Twitter Periscope (links not yet available). The cast includes:
- Chiaki Matsuzawa (Program MC)
- Riko Kushida (Legend Talk Corner MC)
- Yusuke Tomizawa (Tales of General Producer)
- Iwao Junko (Mint Adnade - Tales of Phantasia)
- Chihiro Suzuki (Luke fon Fabre - Tales of the Abyss)
- Kohei Amasaki (Kanata Hjuger - Tales of Crestoria)
- DEEN (Yume de aru youni from Tales of Destiny, Eien no Ashita from Tales of Hearts, etc.)
- misono (Starry Heavens, Soshite boku ni dekiru koto from Tales of Symphonia, etc.)
- Motoi Sakuraba (music composer for majority of the titles including Tales of the Abyss, Vesperia, Xillia, etc.)
- Go Shiina (music composer for Tales of Legendia, part of Tales of Zestiria, etc.)
The program will also include creators from past Tales of Series titles, including:
- Shinichiro Okamoto - chief director and executive producer beginning with the SNES version of Tales of Phantasia, and has been involved as producer in Narikiri Dungeon, Narikiri Dungeon X and PS2 version Tales of Destiny.
- Makoto Yoshizumi - previously in charge of promotion for Tales of Destiny, became producer beginning Narikiri Dungeon 2, executive producer from PS2 version Tales of Destiny, and general producer beginning Tales of Innocence.
- Yoshito Higuchi - director and producer for various titles, mainly director for Tales of Destiny 2, Symphonia and Abyss, and chief director and producer for Tales of Vesperia
- Tatsurou Udou - in charge of the combat system
The event aims to announce various projects ongoing in celebration of the 25th anniversary. In addition, the latest information on app titles (note that it specifically says app titles and not console titles, so this might be for mobile), events and anniversary goods will also be delivered. The creators of the previous titles will also be giving secret stories regarding development of the older games. We also expect performances by the artists and composers.
In addition, answers to the previously held questionnaire (in Japanese) which asked about your favorite games, characters, scenes, songs and anything you might want to ask the producers and developers, etc. Important to note is that one of the questions inquired what "previous games we would like to see in modern consoles."
The Tales of Series will be celebrating its 25th Anniversary on December 15th. The date commemorates when Tales of Phantasia was first released in Japan for the Super Famicom/SNES.