The latest issue of Famitsu shows us new info and screenshots of new Tales of Zestiria characters Lunarre and Symonne, as well as details on Equipment Skills.
Voiced by Takehito Koyasu
- Lunarre is a member of the assassination guild "Wind's Bone" (kaze no hone) and has been persistently following Alisha around. His appearance seems that of a human and a fox, and he gives off the feeling that he enjoys murder. He infiltrated the Forest of the Seraphs, where humans cannot enter, for some purpose. There, he meets Sorey and the others, and attacks them.
We're calling him Renard now, since this is apparently a French name meaning "fox" with the exact same Japanese pronunciation. (UPDATED: His official name in the English version is 'Lunarre')
The magazine tells us more about guilds in the game. In the setting of Greenwood where there are two large countries that are always competing against each other, there are those with exceptional who take advantage of the exchange in between as a form of business - hence, a guild. They make use of their abilities to earn a profit in this world. Guilds specialize in various things, such as collecting information, transport and production of goods. There are many other kinds, but there are also thievery and assassination guilds that exist. The guild members shown in a small screenshot above, on the lower left of the scan, are members of the Wagtail Feathers Guild, which Rose is a member of.
Voiced by Hiromi Igarashi
- A mysterious Seraph who does not abide by the Shepherd's wishes and prefers to works alone. Though her outward appearance is that of a young girl, she expresses ruthless cynicism as if she views the world as a far off spectator. She insists that Sorey's journey is futile. She relies on a power different from the four elements, and apparently this has a lot to do with her actions.
The page above explains Equipment Skills. Equipment have 4 skill slots on them, and you can set 1 skill per slot. Some same equipment may have different skills with them, and a combination of skills on one equipment may activate additional effects. Some skills can also apparently be obtained by fusion, called an Equipment Fusion System.
The scans above also introduce new areas, namely the Prisonerback Wetlands, The Wind Temple of Trials Ginevia, and The Earth Temple of Trials Morgause.
Scans c/o @Kurushii. Thanks!
- Regular Edition (US) - Play-Asia | Amazon
- Regular Edition (EU) - Play-Asia | ShopTo.net (UK)
- Regular Edition (JP) - Play-Asia
- Lalabit Market Collector's Edition (JP) - CDJapan
- Famitsu DX Collector's Edition (JP) - Play-Asia
- Regular Edition (AU) - EBGames AU
- Lalabit Market Limited Edition (JP) - CDJapan