More information on Tales of Luminaria from the game's developers.
Tales of Luminaria, an upcoming Tales of RPG for the iOS and Android, was just announced during the Gamescom 2021 Opening Night Live.
Bandai Namco Entertainment has posted messages from the game's developers, specifically Mr. Yusuke Tomizawa, General IP producer the Tales of Series and the producer for the upcoming Tales of Arise; Mr. Yasuhiro Ikeno, who worked on Tales of Link and is the producer of Tales of the Rays. He is currently in charge of all Tales of smartphone titles; and Sugi, Localization Producer for Tales of Luminaria.
You can check out the full message here, but the key points from it include:
- Tales of Luminaria is the team's "challenge" for smartphones, just as Tales of Arise is their challenge for consoles
- The theme for Tales of Luminaria is "possibilities and discoveries" i.e. to discover the series' appeal and have more fans play
- The game is a completely original title and will feature an all new cast of characters. None of the previous Tales of characters will be appearing in it.
- The game will be played in portrait mode, as shown in the trailer
- They are aiming for a simultaneous distribution worldwide
- The game will have full English voice overs for the first time in a smartphone title
- A special video with more information on the game will be released soon late in September. Details on the video's release will be posted on the game's official Twitter, @to_luminaria_en
The game's official English teaser website can be found here.