HystericalGamez managed to get an interview with Tales of Series Producer Hideo Baba during New York Comic Con 2013! Check it out below:
Highlights of the interview include:
- Despite Tales of the Abyss's popularity, health at present there are no plans to remake it for a current gen or next gen console (i.e. HD)
- They wanted people to have the as much of the original experience of Symphonia offers as much as possible for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, pharmacy hence a lot of parts in the game were kept in their original state, such as the level caps.
- They'll certainly consider porting or remastering other titles if Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is successful. However, regarding Tales of Destiny and Tales of Destiny 2, those would be better off with a remake or would require a remake because it mainly uses pixels. At present, there are no plans for that, though.
- Tales of Xillia 2 release date? "That's a secret for now!" But it'll definitely out for 2014.
- Baba-san can't really pick a single Tales character as his favorite, but if he really had to choose, it'd be Leon Magnus from Tales of Destiny.
- Baba-san makes a small laugh upon hearing "Tales of Zestiria." In any case, the "next title" is certainly in the works. We'll just have to wait for it.
- When asked whether they would consider making more fighting-style games ala Tales of VS, Baba-san mentions that at present fans are asking more for story-driven games with unique characters, so there are no plans for now.
- It'll be up to Nintendo whether they want to include Tales characters in Smash Bros.
And remember that Baba-san will be at a lot of places in Europe after NYCC! Check out the schedule below:
- ITALY - Milano Games Week - October 25: Panel
- LONDON - MCM Expo - October 26: 11:30-1:00pm - #TalesofSymphonia Chronicles presentation and Q&A; 4:00-5:00pm - Photo and signing session with Baba-san; October 27: 1:00-2:00pm - Photo and signing session with Baba-san.
- GERMANY - Internal event (not open to the general public) - October 28-29
- SWEDEN - Gamex - October 30-31: Panel session
- SPAIN - Salon del Manga - November 1: Panel session
- FRANCE - Paris Games Week - November 2-3: Panel session